Please contact City Hall for a change in water, sewer, and garbage service at 563.785.4451. Service to rental properties requires the tenant to fill out a new customer service application and a deposit of $200.00.  This deposit will be refunded after twelve on-time monthly payments or at the time of move out. Homeowners are required to fill out a new customer service application but are not required to pay a deposit. OTHER IMPORTANT PHONE NUMBERS Durant Municipal Electric-563.785.6213 Please contact for a change in electric service if your house sits in Cedar or Muscatine county. Alliant Energy- 1.800.255.4268 Please contact for a change in electric service if your house sits in Scott County. Windstream (telephone & internet) 1.800.843.9214 Mediacom Cable (cable & internet) 1.800.523.6835 DirectTV (TV, telephone & internet) 1.855.463.7359 or                                                   Dish (TV & internet) 1.877.901.4692 MidAmerican Energy (natural gas) 1.888.427.5632 Durant Post Office  563.785.6362 Durant Community Schools 563.785.4433 (Elementary) 563.785.4431 (High School) 563.785.4432 (Superintendent’s office) A service is available through Cedar County to notify residents of inclement weather approaching.  The WENS program (wireless emergency notification system) application is available on the Cedar County website.  If you would like to sign up, please click on the link below.  When you get to the website, click on the red box on the right hand side to sign up for emergency alerts.                               
Heart of the Tri Counties
Disclaimer:  The formatting and pagination of this web version of the code may vary from the official hard copy of the code.  This web version of the code is provided for informational purposes only and may not reflect all of, or the most current, legislation that has been passed. Prior to any action being taken, please consult the clerk for any ordinances that have been enacted that are not contained in this web version.  In case of any discrepancy between this web version and the official ordinances, the ordinances prevail.
Zoning regulations found in Chapter 60 of ordinances. Subdivision regulations found in Chapter 61 of ordinances.